Wednesday 20 October 2010

Aleksandra Zawada





Aleksandra Zawada
Ba (Hons) Painting

zawadka_ol@op.pl

My work touches on appropriation. Similar by its means, it is more personal and attempts to challenge the reproduction as taste forming. I am interested in the paradox: whether it is possible to profane a copy, does it have value and can it still be classified as art.
By conscious choice, I am trying to bring back art to the reproduction. The artist’s choice is deliberate. The pieces are carefully selected. I consider them significant in my practice from various reasons. Very often it becomes a comment, a tribute, a dialogue.
I work in not extending 7 series, using the same starting point. Each peace is unique and exists on its own. The materials are very minimal and fragile. Putting them next to each other removes reassuring comfort zone and reveals their origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment