Monday 2 August 2010

Owen Ramsay





Owen Ramsay

Intermedia 2nd Year



My love for the wild runs in my blood as in my work. I am interested in adventure and beauty; in search of the sublime. To me Bleak is Beautiful.

The idea of an experience and having a relationship with a place or environment is important in my work. It can be nostalgic; back to childhood adventures in a kind of escapism of maturity,civility and the banal rules of the everyday. In some sense to become feral is to become free. I often find myself trying to describe or copy something, something i cannot describe or put my finger on, it is an emotion brought on by a place or an experience of the outdoors. I am beguiled by this unreachable thing, this something beyond ourselves much greater.


No comments:

Post a Comment