Sunday 21 November 2010

Becky Campbell and Sigrun Guðmundsdóttir


becky-campbell.blogspot.com ; sigr.wordpress.com

“Being immersed outside in water at Sundlaugin í Vík í Mýrdal I was able to look out to the mountain Reynisfjall and I knew that the sea was close by. The day before was the first of a road trip travelling towards the east of Iceland and passing this village a lullaby had been sang to me: remnants of that melody echoed. Suddenly I was fully aware of physically engaging with the tactility of the water- I wasn’t only looking at or only touching the ground with my feet. I was making my own stories I could then tell to others.”

Sigrún Guðmundsdóttir and Becky Campbell began collaborating in Reykjavik in January 2010 following a journey through the south of Iceland. Plants have been sent from Iceland which Campbell has reconfigured as props to be returned to Reykjavik for a performance by Guðmundsdóttir.

1 comment:

  1. Exhibition on until Thursday 9th December
    Open 24 hours a day
    On the corner of George IV Bridge and Victoria Street Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete